Are you looking to celebrate New Year in a unique manner? Well, Sikkim is a place, which allows you to break free from mundane existence. Being the dream tourist destination of Northern India, Sikkim is visited by thousands of travelers. The chief attraction of Sikkim encompasses beauty of the mountains, great adventure, monasteries, wildlife and the wealth of National Parks. Within Sikkim tours, it is must to include Darjeeling, which is again a beautiful hill station in the West Bengal. Located in the Kanchanjungha Himalayas, Darjeeling is the most famous hill station offering outstanding opportunities for memorable travel experience. You are sure to have memorable New Year celebration.
Chief highlights of Sikkim travel itinerary
Sikkim tour may be organized by an online travel agency. It is important to ensure that the following places are included:
- The Capital of Sikkim, Gangtok is the foremost. The beautifully charming and picturesque town is seen straddling with eye-catching houses and cottages moving down the hillside. Here, one can behold a blend of modern and traditional customs and this makes the place unique.
- Yuksom was the foremost capital of Sikkim where the divine ruler was sanctified in the year 1641. In fact, the evidence of that ceremony can still be seen in Norbugang Chorten.
- Tsomgo Lake is as long as a kilometer and is oval shaped. Locals consider it extremely holy. From the month of May till August, you can behold the rarest of spectacular flowers such as blue and yellow poppies, Iris and primulas.
- The Indo-China border Nathula Pass is situated at an altitude of 14200 feet. Journeying here is a lot fun with misty peaks, zig-zag roads, cascading waterfalls.
- Pelling is the most famous destination among all. From an altitude of 6800 feet where it is located, you can have the closest view of Mt. Kanchendzonga, the third highest peak.
Must-visit tourist destinations near Sikkim
The immense beauty of Sikkim attracts the attention and if you wish to experience the enchanting beauty, do not leave out on the following destinations:
- Enjoy the popular toy train ride in Darjeeling. Witness the bounty of nature in the form of Darjeeling tea plantations.
- Siliguri features an exquisite landscape and distant views of myriad vegetation, snow capped mountains.
- Near to Sikkim is Kelimpong, which is again spectacular, dotted by charming landscape and monasteries, and numerous orchids.
Sikkim Tour Packages will show you the best of this world. With the tour, you can explore monasteries, mountains, gardens, tea gardens, etc. So, enjoy the opening of 2017 in a grand manner by touring Sikkim Packages.